It is the official policy of Thestandardrecord to respect the copyright and intellectual property of others. Consequently, we give channels of redress to individuals who believe that there has been an infringement of the copyright rights of the material uploaded or embedded on our site. As soon as we receive a complete and valid DMCA notice, we will remove such materials from the system and contact the user who uploaded and embedded the materials.
In accordance with the terms contained in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), (the text which may be found in the U.S copyright office website) (1) and avails itself of the protections under DMCA.
Thestandardrecord does not condone posting of copyrighted materials belonging to third parties. As a response, it has put in place a policy of addressing allegations of copyright infringement. In addition, it seeks to appropriately terminate the accounts of users who have been found to infringe on the copyright laws will therefore refrain from posting such content with immediate effect. The company reserves the right to discontinue, terminate, restrict, or suspend, the ability of a user to use our service. Furthermore, the company reserves the right to erase, disable or edit, or any user content on this website which is an infringement on the copyright of others. Under the company’s policy, repeat offenders will have their accounts terminated.
Should you be alleging that your copyrighted material may have been or is being infringed, please send us a written notice. For the notice to be valid and effective, it must contain the following details:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If there is a claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement you can email [email protected]